Tuesday, April 7, 2009

10 Items or Less

Dear Sonja,

Last week I was waiting in line at the supermarket where you work, busying myself by reading the ludicrous tabloid headlines (“Britney Spears Deported!”) and deciding which gum to buy (“Flame,” the cinnamon flavor by 5 Gum). All I expected to do was hand over my store savings card, followed by my credit card, and book it out of there.

While I was standing there, I glanced over at the soda cooler nestled between the two registers, and almost passed over it before my eye hit on something on the top row. I believe you left it there:

I read the note you wrapped around that bottle of Aquafina. It said, “Sonja’s Water. Don’t touch!!”

I just wanted to let you know how effective that was. Not only did I not want to touch your water, I didn’t want to touch anything else in that cooler.

Sincerely,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. The blogosphere is a much more interesting place thanks to you and your camera.

    ReplyDelete